CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 10, 2010

A photo. A note.

I thought I was doing good.
I thought I was doing great.
I was perfect

I tagged you in a note
...A few months ago.
-- Almost a year.

It asked me what I would do
If you died.

Did you ever read that note?

Part of me hopes you ignored it
Another part of me hopes you did
So you would know how I feel

I started the answer with
"What kind of question is that?"
I could have just deleted that question
I could have rewritten it
To make it ask something normal

But I didn't

I continued with
"I'd be sad"
And what I meant was "horrified".
I finished with
A stupid
Frown face
And "No more movie nights"

Did you ever read that note?
I kind of hope you did.

I cleaned part of my room today
I cleared things off my desk
-- Things I completely forgot about

A James Dean calender
...A couple of gay rights buttons
A photo of us.

It was of that day we all
Went to Powers Bluff
I remember we had a lot
Of fun.
We were freezing
I bought hot chocolate

But I don't remember a single thing
You said.
I should have brought a pen and paper
To write every word down.

But I didn't

I thought I was doing good.
I thought I was doing great.
I was doing perfect.

And then I read that note.
And then I saw that photo.

I'll always miss you, Kim

0 comments: