CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Dear Humboldt County

I've haven't figured out yet
How I feel about you
I haven't decided whether or not
I regret leaving
I haven't decided whether or not
I regret everything I did there
I haven't decided
If I regret ever moving there

I met some crazy people
I did some crazy things
I fit in
Better than I've fit in anywhere else
But it's not because everyone was so similar to me
It was because
Everyone was so different
That it was impossible not to fit in

I miss some parts of you
I miss some of the people that live within you
I miss the trees
I miss the forest
I miss other things that aren't worth mentioning

I think about you
Nearly every day
How many people that live there
Cared about me at all
How many people
Still consider me their friend

I forgot about Wisconsin
For five months
For awhile
I was convinced I could live there
Forever

You're such an imaginary place
I can't believe
I would have achieved anything living there
I can't imagine
Doing anything with my life
It's hard to think about really

I feel like I've already forgotten
Everything
That happened

You changed me
You made me better
You made me worse

Someday I'll sit down
Maybe in a few years
And finally decide
How I feel about you

Take it easy,
Jared

0 comments: