CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

untitled

I took a bubble bath To pretend I had different life To pretend I was a different person With different goals And different surroundings And more manageable problems I think about that girl I had just read about online Who was a quadriplegic And couldn't take her own baths Like I can At least I'm not her I let my body sink into the hot water I watched the bubbles around me Move around As I swayed my legs I watch the bubbles around me Tell me I'm all right I pay close attention to my breathing I stayed in to forget I had dinner to eat I stayed in To ignore I had a phone That was dead That no one was contacting me on There were cigarettes to be smoked Assignments to be written Text messages to ignore The water slowly cooled down And One by one The bubbles disappeared I washed my hair And realized The water was Luke warm The bubbles were gone My skin was pruning I look at my hands They look old Pretty soon Someone would knock on the door Ask if I'm okay I'll say yes if they ask I decide its time To leave the 5x3 foot sanctuary Of cold water With no bubbles I drain the water But I don't move I feel the water Quickly leave the tub I look down Its almost gone I stand up Feel cold The tears in my eyes Cant be washed away As easily Anymore The waters gone The safe feeling leaves me Its dinner time I'm Immediately Brought back To a life I forgot For an hour I was living I miss the bubbles And hot water And wish I could take another one Before tomorrow And think about the two hour drive I took earlier today To avoid my life For the same reasons I took that bath And I wonder For a second If eventually I won't have to do any of this I won't need bubbles I'll enjoy dinner I'll be happy I'll look in the mirror And ask myself How did I get So Lucky

0 comments: