CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

What's new in my life...

So here's the deal,

I just sent an extremely rude but to-the-point email to Humboldt Housing because next year (in total) it will cost around $30,000 and last year all together cost around $12,000. The whole point of doing this National Student Exchange was so it'd be the same price. So I don't know what the fuck to do. I emailed about switching my meal plan and apartment situation to make it a few thousand dollars cheaper, and all I got was an automated email about how my payment is due on the 10th. So that really pissed me off and I sent an email back about how apparently the email got to the wrong person and how I thought it was extremely rude and unprofessional to not even respond to the last email. I also said I might not get to go to Humboldt if they don't fucking (left that part out) email me back in time.

I'll probably regret sending that email in the morning but I dunno what to do. You'd think they would be more helpful. How the hell can college cost that much there? Like, honestly, who has that money? I don't understand it at all. I'm thinking about going there for 1 semester instead of the entire year since I clearly don't have that much money and feel like I'm a huge burden on my parents, because if I wasn't I would be able to go to whatever school I chose to go to.

This whole situatin is really pissing me off. I just want to become a flight attendent and travel the world. I might actually like that. A lady at church was talking about how she used to be the manager of some bank somewhere in Chicago but it was too stressful so she became a flight attendant instead and loves it.

Would that be a rewarding job, and do I really want to do it? I have no fucking clue. All I know is that I think it's my responsibility as a Christian to not care about money at all, so that's what I'm trying to do. There's such a fine line between being comfortable, and living an OK lifestyle, and being rich and being greedy with your money.

I hate this shit. I hate it all. I can't figure out anything. People say "you're 19, you're not supposed to have anything figured out" but that really ticks me off because, yeah -- okay, fine, whatever -- maybe that is true but I need to know where I go to school? Hello! God, I dunno. Maybe I'll never have anything figured out. I think it'd be cool to be a writer like Alice Walker or Maya Angelou or Toni Morrison, since they're powerful black women, like myself. But I'm not that good of a writer -- at all. So that dream quickly flys out the window.

I hate this.

1 comments:

ccummins4x said...

your life will be much more rewarding if you do what you want to instead of what you think you should. meaning, become a flight attendant with me. seriously, the flight attendants on my first flight were awesome, and funny. although, I'm going to insist on being called a stewardess instead of a flight attendant. also, I'm serious about moving to denver. it's perfect for us. how amazing would it be to see the world? not only do we fly around for our jobs, we get free flights as well to go wherever we want. plus we're young so it's not like we have families to miss, yet. and on my second flights there were young flight attendants, probably our age, so it's totally do-able.