CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Phone Call

I was talking to someone
Someone I talk to everyday
And you beeped in

I always put every
Fucking
Thing on hold for you.

If I wouldn't have answered
You might not have called me
For a few months
Or called me as I'm driving home from a friends house
In the middle of night

You might have been on X

You might have asked if I was high
But you were too fucked up to know
What the word "high" meant

And just for the record

I wasn't fucking high
I was probably pissed
You chose to call

You were living in Memphis
Living in a hotel room
Living with people I hate
Living with people you know I hate

I don't want to hear him in the background
What could possibly make you think
I'd be okay with hearing his
God
Dammed
Voice
In the background?

Sometimes you don't think
Sometimes I wonder if I know you at all

Sometimes
I feel like
Never
Talking to you
Ever
Again

I'm not strong enough to handle that

0 comments: